+-+ Từnguyên tiếngViệt
|Author: dchph posted on 6/8/2013 2:15:50 PM|
(1) In 1979 China felt Vietnam's Politburo led by First Gen. Secty. Le Duan had betrayed its Chinese masters for having gone beyond their role as puppets to spread its communism to other neighboring countries in Asia by occupying its communist ally in Southeast Asia. So when Deng got a green light from President Carter he had launched the Vietnam's invasion but he did not expect the CPLA suffered such a heavy loss.
(2) You are right. Chinese leaders have always done so.
US Ex President Jimmy Carter in his speech given at the Press Club invited by National Public Radio that re-broadcast on its FM station on Saturday March 2nd, 2013, mentioned that in the late 1978 when he met with China's Politburo's General Secretary Deng Xiaoping to sign the peace treaty with between the US and China, Deng revealed his plan to invade Vietnam to Carter for her betrayal to China only less than 4 years after the Vietnam War end in April 30, 1975, with China-assisted VN troops fighting against the US troops. Carter had insisted Dang not to let his C foot soldiers to stay in VN too long because China had just signed a peace treaty wih the US, which in effect would make both countries look bad.
(4) The Vietnamese are always on the suspicious edge, weary of Chinese intention to swallow Vietnam. However, China may be able to bully Vietnam and Vietnam has to swallow her pride by playing underdog, but she will never be a Tibet again. History has it that China has always been very good at quelling internal rebellions but it has never succeeded in fighting against foreign invasions.
(5) All literate Vietnamese can read and understand the passage "Trâu Ơi Bố Bảo: Trâu số đạo hoa, ngàn lẻ thu qua, hay thói quyền bà, sửxanh ghichép, cụ đại vôsong, baybướm lưỡibò, hánhởmulạnh, đầurùa lấpló, trong sứt ngoài thoa, lâm chiến bại hoài. HồQuảng dù mất, NamViệt vẫncòn, Hùng cứ phươngnam..." with some explanations.
(6) You may understand 98% of the Character characters that parallel to the the Vietnamese version but only in their explicit denotation, but not their implicit meaning, for example, 女丑=you stupid cows, 讨华 playboy (=桃花 taohua) 蝴蝶=lecherous, 婆脷=women's pussy (U-shaped South-China Sea, in Vietnamese "ox tongue"), etc.
(7) ...so I would say you might have understood the passage at about 49%.
(8) Similarly, with a little help, all those Vietnamese who have about 8 years of schooling could understand the romanized "Truyện Kiều" without much difficulty.
(9) Thank you, but I have been scolded by most Vietnamese readers for so "Chinese". Imagine, if Vietnam had not been an independent country in 939, her poppulace could have spoken some form of Sinitized speech like Cantonese or Fukienese by now. So the difference between Vietnam and China is actually of political, geographical, and historical divisions only.
End of Printable Version